Kurtis R. Andrews is an Eastern Ontario based lawyerwho serves the legal needs of farmers and rural residents from across Ontario. Coming from a farm, with work in the trades and three degrees, Kurtis brings firsthand agriculture experience to his practice, which includes:
- rural issue, agriculture, animal welfare and constitutional law;
- defence work involving laws enforced by federal, provincial and municipal bodies, such as the OSPCA, MOE, MNR, Environment Canada, CFIA and by-law officials;
- civil litigation, including claims for negligence, defamation, trespass, and Charter violations;
- representation at various provincial and federal board /tribunal hearings, including the Normal Farm Practices Protection Board, the Agriculture, Food & Rural Affairs Appeal Tribunal and Animal Care Review Board;
- Statutory analysis /counsel re: laws and proposed laws /bills that affect or may affect agriculture; and
- intellectual property law, including seed-patent and plant breeders rights infringement defence work.